Summer Break FAMcamps
FAMcamps for youth ages 6–12 take place in a uniquely Indigenous-centered environment. EVERYONE is welcome to participate regardless of tribal enrollment, descendancy or prior knowledge. Members enjoy early registration access and those at the FAMhousehold level and up receive 10% off of tuition for youth in their household! All families agree to adhere to guidelines outlined in the FAMcamp Family Handbook. FAMcamps are sponsored by Boeing and PwC.
NEW! Summer Break Registration Dates
- Members-only registration begins Monday, March 6 at 10 a.m. Become a member today!
- Non-member registration begins Monday, March 13 at 10 a.m.
- Registration closes two weeks prior to start of each camp or once full. FAMcamp courses are limited to 12 students.
- Week-long summer camps will run June 5 through Aug. 4 with a break for the week of July 4.
Looking for opportunities for teens? Check out the FAM Teen Guide program for incoming high school sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! we offer scholarships between 25-75% off of tuition. The registration form includes an assessment of family need. If you qualify, you will receive a discount code to apply to your total.
FAM is an approved Learning Fund vendor. To apply your funds, please enter your child’s Epic ID number during registration. At checkout, enter discount code epicFAMcamp.
No. Youth of all backgrounds will enjoy and benefit from participation in FAMcamps. As part of our mission, we invite all of our community members to attend and learn about First American arts, culture and knowledge!
Each FAMcamp mini-session will take place 9–4 p.m. Before and after care may be available for an additional fee.
Yes, upon registration you may reserve your child’s spot in before (8–9 a.m.) and after (4–5 p.m.) camp care for $5/day per camper.
No two days are the same at FAMcamp. Your child can expect a fun-filled day that balances learning and hands-on activities with fun opportunities for free-form play and socialization. Stickball camps will include indoor activities during the hottest parts of the day.
8–9 | Before camp care: Reading time and free play
9–10 | Camp theme-focused activity
10–10:30 | “Brain break” activity: Dance it out!
10:30–11:30 | Exhibition scavenger hunt/tour
11:30–12 | Lunch time
12–2 | Camp theme-focused activity
2–3 | Age-appropriate documentary screening
3:30–4 | “Brain Break” activity: Artmaking
3:30–4 | Guest speaker/performer and camp theme-focused activity
- A full refund will be issued with a written request sent at least two weeks (14 days) before the start of the camp. All requests must be sent to [email protected]. Refund requests will not be accepted via phone or mail.
- No refund will be issued if a refund request is after two weeks (14 days) before the start of camp.
- Except in the case of camp cancellations, transfers are not permitted.
- Transfers or refunds are not provided in the case of camper’s missed days due to illness or other circumstances.
- In the case of inclement weather, a cancellation may be unavoidable. FAM will contact parents via email in the case that the museum must close.
- Should a camp not reach sufficient enrollment, it may be cancelled. Families registered will be notified via email and a refund will be issued within one week.
- Need-based scholarships of 25-75% off are available. Please be prepared to provide documentation of need, such as proof of public/tribal assistance (SNAP, housing subsidy, etc.).
- Use the registration link to apply for scholarships. If you qualify, you will receive a discount code to apply to your total.
- Those using Epic Learning Funds are not eligible for scholarships.