Free Military Admission and Restaurant Discount
Between Thursday, Nov. 11 and Sunday, Nov. 14, all veterans and servicemembers with ID will receive free admission to OKLA HOMMA and WINIKO: Life of an Object, Selections from the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian. Veterans and servicemembers with ID will also receive a 20 percent discount on their meal at Thirty Nine restaurant.
Join a friendly docent at 1 PM on Thursday and Friday and 1 and 3 PM on Saturday and Sunday for a special tour of the “Warriors” portion of the OKLA HOMMA exhibition. No reservations required—included with gallery admission!
"Making History" Project
The public is welcome to witness this event! Recognizing the importance of museums “making history” in view of the public, these activities will take place in a public space at FAM.
Want to participate?
- Open to veterans/servicemembers who are enrolled in a tribe in Oklahoma or their families
- Appointments are preferred, limited walk-ins available between 11-5 PM
- Be prepared with service-related documents and photographs to scan
- Veterans and servicemembers may sit for a complimentary portrait (military uniform or regalia is welcome, but not required)
- Participants will leave with their original materials and a flash drive of scanned items
- During this time, veterans and servicemembers with ID will enjoy free exhibition admission (an appointment is not required to visit the galleries)